Translate

Sonntag, 7. März 2021

New words

 If we learned one thing, in this one year of corona, then it are new words. Who of us knew a year ago from aerosol or FPP2 masks? 
Even when the words are not new, we all know now what they mean. 
And in contradiction with the new 'gender friendly words' (where I don't want to talk about), we all are confrontaded with those words in our daily life. 
The word of this week is 'Schnelltests'  (fast tests).  Similar as with pregnancy tests they tell you within  a short time if you are corona positive or not.

Very handy, when you want to go to your football match. Just hand over the recent test, and your ticket, and you are guaranteed in a clean place.  They say so, at least. Time will have to learn if that works. 
I personal doubt a bit, if this Tesst will be as good as that they say. Imagine you do the test, and you are positive. Should everyone then go to stay home for days?  I mean, you want to go to that concert for over 2 years, your test is positive, you cant go.. Should you take the consequences to stay home, or sould you try to get in anyway (and most likely being sent back at the entrance...where you leave your virus to the people who have a legal negative test...

I don't know.  I do hope that people are having so much discipline. I do not see that happening in our country. But, maybe I am too negative (without tests). I will not hurry to get those tests in house, or use them, that is how I think now. But hey, a year ago I had questions with the masks, and now I wear them even at my walk, today. I was long at the lake, enjoying the sunshine and then I thought, hey...I still wear the mask... I did grin to myself, took it off,  and walked as happy as before.

The photo is of a few snow geese. who are summer guests at our little, and cozy lake.  There are more photos at my FaceBook album,  Jröne Meerke

It was a wonderful day, by the way :) 



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen