Translate

Donnerstag, 22. April 2010

Octopus Steals Diver's Camera, Shoots Home Movie With It (Video)

This is realy awesome, a must see!

octopus steals divers camera video photo
Photo: Screen grab from the video.

"cheeky octopus"
It's not every day that an octopus steals your camera while it is recording. This happened to a diver named Victor Huang in Wahine Memorial, Wellington, off the coast of New Zealand. He chased the animal and was lucky enough to catch up with it and get his camera back. The resulting footage is worth seeing; check out the video below!

Victor added this context to his Youtube video:

while trying to get video of a wild octopus, it suddenly dashed towards me and rips my shiny new camera from out of my hands, then swims off, all while the camera is recording! he swam away very quickly like a naughty shoplifter. after a 5 minute chase, I placed my speargun underneath him and he quickly and curiously grabbed hold of the gun as well, giving me enough time to reach in and grab the camera from out of his mouth. I didn't feel threatened at all during the whole ordeal. he seemed to be fixated on the shiny metallic blue digital camera. the only confusing behavior was how he dashed off with it like a thief haha. cheeky octopus.

octopus steals divers camera video photo
Photo: Screen grab from the video.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen