Translate

Sonntag, 3. April 2016

2/30 . My earliest memory

Writer's challenge, day 2. My earliest memory

Other then a few of the people that I read here, my earliest memory come not from the very first years, but from the time that I went to school (kindergarden)

It was December 6th, 1965, the day after 'the' children event in the Netherlands, sinterklaas/saint nicklas.

On the 5th of December Sinterklaas gives everyone (especially the children that behave good) presents and in that year I got a goose! With a key at its side, with what you can wind it up and then the goose could walk. Big fun that was!


Very proud I took it to school next day, we were showing eachother our presents and I showed my goose. The teacher did wind up the goose for the 4th or 5th time, everyone was exited about the magic walk and then... you can guess it.... The goose refused to walk! Oh my gosh, what a drama! Many bitter tears I did shed, and the goose went back in its box, and the teacher wrote a note with it, that she did 'kill' the goose (she defintely used other words, but that is how I felt it was).
 

Sadly I went home, no one could cheer me up.

My mother put the box with the goose aside, promised me a new one, but that was not helpful! I wanted THIS goose, not another!

We were sitting later, having dinner, I stiil was so sad, and not hungry at all. And then all the sudden, we heared a noise from the box, and my goose did walk again!
 

I was soooo happy that I did not want to eat :-D

That are my earliest memories. The goose is still with me, and guess what? it still can walk, even with one of his feet broken.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen