Translate

Mittwoch, 16. Dezember 2020

Lockdown 2.0 day 1

Last  night I woke up at 4, far too early, but my stomach was protesting, I think it is not good to fill it two days in a row with salads ;-) 

Anyway, that is not where I wanted to talk about here :)  

Laying awake, all kind of things went throught my head, and, naturally, as well related to the Lockdown. 
A slight form of panic, like.. .what to do when we are not allowed to do anything... and so on. 

Around 7, still awake, I allowed myself to get up and make breakfast, and the day started running...
Like every other day.
Slight changes. Shops are cloesed, no nosey people, standing for the shop for a talk, no hairdresser open, but the chinese (food to go) had its noodles ready.  The city wakening up, 9 am, and, surprise surprise, a bit of sun, yea!

The day went in routine. A bit more queues to wait in, but, considering the weather, it was okay.
It surprised me to see entire families (also mom, dad and kids) going together for shopping.  Strange it is, people simply do not get what is really going on. 
Or they don't care. 
Such as the people that still were not wearing masks.
The Bratwurst 'christmas stall'  is gone.  The popcorn and almonds stand still ist there, in front of the closed shoe shop. 
Some shops are partially closed, not allowed to trade half of their products, just the essential ones.  

We shall see how it continues. At the end of the weeks the schools close, for the chtristmas holidays, now already there are much less kids on their way.  Tram and bus go as usul, and are filled with people. I have no idea where to. :) 

Today I met no people, other then the cashier in the supermarket.  But an message from my friend in the US made my day. Just so nice, to read people with a positive attitude. :) 

Life is good. A week before christmas. Bring it on!  :) 




1 Kommentar:

  1. Lockdown is hard, we have endured it already but thanks to our Premier Dan Andrews we seem to have diminished the number of cases very well. Nothing much different here for me in a regional area and still most people are wearing masks but outdoors, and with social distancing, we are able to take them off. Also if you have food or drinks then you can take the masks off for that! Sydney has a small otbreak and that because just 2 people broke with quarantine when they had COVID-let's hope evryone respects the rules we have as it's the only way to beat it. We are able to try clothes on once again which is great for me as I can't buy a size that fits without trying on, I guess because the sizes have changed since much of our clothing is made in China and I resent buying thier product!

    Keep well dear friend, it cannot last forever but you are in winter there so we have been through that and hopefully summer will see fewer new cases with warmth and sunshine, though it's not been very hot most days. Christmas this year will be quiet without John and Michael, Geoff id away and Chris probably working, so my girlfriend and I are planning on a seafood and salad Christmas dinner.

    I hope you have a blessed Christmas despite the lockdown and can buy everything that you need. Love to yourself and Sabine and families, and happy Christmas and a healthy new year xxx

    AntwortenLöschen