Translate

Sonntag, 20. Dezember 2020

Lockdown 2.0 day 5

First I want to write a few words about the 'big' news of today, about the mutation of the virus, as found in S. Africa and the UK.

It is not unusual (and it is predicted), that the virus changes and finds new ways to infect. 
Ironical the country that as one of the first started with vaccinating (UK), gets the first serious outbreak. 

For me, and for most of us, nothing changes. We keep on wearing masks and we keep on being limited in our contacts. Nothing new, nothing to change our things now.

So, this is a sunday in lockdown 2.  The streets are more quiet then on usual sundays, I mean the motorways.  In the city the normal crowd of people.  The people without home and the people with the illegal (drugs) business are more obviously present, what is normal, of course, when the street gets more empty.

I decided to go for a walk in a square of our city, what is very much changing, huge industry disappears and makes place for houses. Old streets, new buildings even a rennovated park.
It gave me mixed feelings. Seeing the past, a part of history, disappearing, and at the other side a lot of nice new things.

In the park (I like it, very small but nice) a woman asked me to photograph the dirt in the 'sitting square'.  From all the people that need to party, preferrable when no one sees it.  I usually do photograph such, but this time I did not feel like. 

The walk was beautiful. I feel very, very privileged, that I can do such. My biggest reward was, the longer I was out, the more the sun came out.
A huge reward, but I am not sure why I deserved it.

I feel grateful. And I wish all who read this, to be happy and look forward to the upcoming christmas days. It is up to you, to make it work! Take the challenge to build something beautiful.




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen