Translate

Sonntag, 27. Dezember 2020

Lockdown 2.0 day 11

 On the 3rd day of Christmas....    

It is sunday again. When I went to my work (yes..) at 6.45 in the morning,  I was confrontated by a fully empty street. The bakery just opened, the tram passed by with one passenger. And at the corner a homeless man was sitting, smoking his cigarette.

Cold, windy, defintitely a day to be cozy at home. And definitely not in the street, like this man. 
Who  knows me a bit, knows that I believe, that everything happens for a reason.
The view of this man, in the cold, I greeted him good morning, was pinched at me, and I walked further to find the coffee machine not working properly. Argh... Me and no coffee,  that was not as planned!

Luckily I found some alternatives, and my working hours went wonderful. With every talk I had that man in mind, sitting there in the dark. What should he be tinking, if anything at all, when he saw me, masked?  Ah, most likely he did not see me in the dark, just a silhouetto of a man...mama mia...

When I came back, it was a bit lighter, and stormy weather. The bakerys were still open, the man is gone. A few more people in the street, still no weather to be outside.
At home, first a real coffee (wow.. did that taste!) and then we had a video talk with our friends in the UK.
What a lovely hour that was, as if they were sitting with us at the couch, and as if things were just like in the good old times. 
Since the good old times are gone forever, we need to build on the good new times. And I think that that is the challenge for the upcoming time.

Oh, yes, before I forget, it is a diary, so it is about today..
They started with the vaccinations, today, what is positive. No matter if youi want to be vaccinated or not, fact is, that (when all turns out well)  it slowly will lead to a bit of normalisation of our daily lifes.  With all those lockdowns, it is getting harder to find the things that we need to buy. Where to we get a ightbulb for our (special) lamp, now the shops are closed?   On line, correct, and it will take at least a week before it is delivered.
More and more I discover the advantages of 'on line' talking.  Chatting from the couch, seeing eachother,  better then the pub.  

The photo is taken this morning at 7, at my desk.





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen