Translate

Mittwoch, 22. Februar 2017

Hunting the sweetis

Uproar in the city, especially in the park, where I use to walk and make pictures of the 'wildlife' there.  Comorands, swans, heron, kingfisher, and the common stuff like rabbits, ducks and Cuypo's (nutrias).

I love to watch them and to photograph them, and for years already I was surprised by how many of those small animals there were.  Regurarily we read messages, that it is not allowed to feed them, because they multiply easy and they destruckt the trees, making the park dangerous as well.

Now the point seem to be reached, that there is too much, and there are hunters hired, to minimize the amount of ducks, rabbits and especially the Coypo's, what I from here on will name Nutria's, the name we use for them here.

People come in the park to recreate, and what is nicer then to walk out on a sunday and feed the ducks?  Nothing wrong with that, in my eyes, but it gets different if there come people, every day again, with large bags of bread and vegetables, and feed them to the animals. Bread, potatopeals, lefts from flowercoal, carrots,  a homeless could be jealous on it!

Now the news tells that they are hunted, and the opinions in the city are various. Animal lovers say thta it is not fair, to shoot them, why not catcch them and let them have the rest of the life in a zoo.
The city sees the hunting
 as a solution for the problem.  

I personally see it not as a solution. As long as the people are not stopping to feed the animals, the animals will return and they will overcrowd the park soon again. There are no natural enemies, and when they not need to fight for food, the few will survive as well and in a short time the problem returns.

A tricky situation it is!


I love my walk through the park, and will continue it. I look forward to getting a bit more green back, and a bit less of the mass of animals. My camera will look for the other animals, who are there less openly and who make the park so beautiful as well.

To be continued.

For Nutria's on line, visit my Facebook --> Nutrias on line on facebook --

The article in the local newspaper is -->  HERE <-- p="">




1 Kommentar: