Translate

Sonntag, 28. Dezember 2014

Why I am not listening to the top 2000 (2014)

ere is a nice musical tradition at the dutch radio, the last week of the year, with broadcasting the top 2000 of all times.
Simple idea, people can vote songs and a compilation of 2000 songs is made.

A very big deal of the dutch people listen to it, it is immense popular, what is no surprise while it brings so many great songs, stacked in one week. I love it!
And still, there is a reason why I do not listen to it, this year.

Why this self torture? Why should I skip this quality music, me the music lover?



The program makers, of course, try to get as much publicity as possible. In all kind of actions around it, games, tv shows, and, and, and..
Apearantly this is not enough, and they need to change the results if the top list.
The tradition is that the all time number one in the poll is Queen, with Bohemian Rhapsody. 
A great choice, of course, and everybody is happy with it,
Everyone, but not the program makers.
Just like in sport or other disciplines they are trying to make the results, the number one position, in this case, a surprise.
We have seen it a few times before, even campagnes like Queen op een? Neen!
(Queen at 1? No!) were held to get the changes.
It did not work, people decide theirselves what to vote.

So, when the crowd is not coorporating, the radio makers take it in their own hands.
What means that this year not Queen is at the number one position, but the eagles.
Nothing wrong with hotel California, a great song, but all is wrong with this manipulation.
Next year Queen will be back on top, where the people do vote it.
Thhis year npo manipulated the top 3, to get what they want.

I join this childish behavior with my boycot of the program. Not that it helps, but, it is a sign, my personal queeste.
And whilst I see my son, as many others, following blindly the mass, I enjoy a week with music that I choose by myself, of what I know that it is my own free choice. 
I am not missing it. Next year I will listen again. Smile

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen