Translate

Mittwoch, 17. Dezember 2014

A matter of taste

Let's talk about respect

We all know the word, one takes it more in the mouth then others, and there are even a few people that try to keep that respect in their attitude as well.

With the entrance of the social networks the border to speak out opinions did get lower. This reflects as well in our daily life, at work, in the street, and of course at the source of it all, the social media (I keep the 'blame it to....'  question simple for here and now)

The open way that people treat each other has good sides. It lowers the borders and makes it more easy to contact people that were, ages ago, so high in 'rank' that we could not reach them.  Our idols, the popstars, authors, politician, the borders are lower and we can communicate with them about all the subjects that bother us (or not).
Bringing it back to professional situations you see that it it is difficult to keep those (natural) borders in sight. When you are friends with your chief, it is definitely less easy for the chief to manage an eventueally conflict, or eventually an order to do something, then when there is a natural ranking. Just do it, I am your boss, I am paid to give you orders, you are paid to do them.
This simple principle is waterig away. Not only in profesional situations, but as well in our personal life.
In the time that i did grow up (ha, I sound old all the sudden) it was normal that you did do what your parents did tell you. When you were ill, you should stay in bed, go to the doctor. No fun!' A clear situation, when you were ill you knew that the main goal was recovering and when you were able again you did not hesitate to go back in school, because being ill was NO FUN!


One generation later, when my children did grow up, things were already different. Awww poor girl, have a headache, well then stay home, momma told her little baby. Staying home however was not 'bed arrest'.  The poor little headacche baby could do at home what she wanted, and she did. Being ill became fun, and as well a privilege, you are allowed to feel ill and stay home until it is over. And they did and do! Being ill is not that horrible anymore. Okay, when you are realy ill, those days are still the same, but the recovery is now way more easy.'
No wonder that that generation (I am to blame as well, i did raise my kids a tiny bit.. oh wait, they deny that, so maybe I am not responsible? :D  )and the later, have a different view at that, and think that they have the right to be ill, with their own diagnostics.


And beware when someone points at them. When you say, hmm you can have your fun, so you can go to school or work,  then you will hear a row of 'arguments' ad excuses why it is better to stay home. Well, it is already Tuesday, the week is almost over, so I let myself recover so that I am fit again at Monday

And this happens not only in school of course.  It is ashame that this way people loose respect for others. Because, let's be honest in this, in fact this behavior tells ...  I can work, but I wait as long as possible with it, and leave it all to the people that are doing my work now next to their own job, in extra hours, and and and.

Respect, on purpose or not, is declining.
Very strong and open you see it at the social media. People are telling each other names of what I never ever consider to even think about it!

Just that example from today.  I see a posting of a friend, who is talking about her husband like this. Oh well, you have a fat neck anyway, no one will notice it.
Good...You can say, it is humor. You can say, why are you bothering, it is their life, they do this as long as you know.
Okay, okay, all is true, they shall know what they do.  I still think, however, that it is different to say such things to each other, eye to eye, then to put it at the internet.  At the internet many people do read such. And not all people are aware of the exact sound of this kind of funny things.
Should colleagueas, friends far away, always be aware that it is fun? Can you expect from all at your friends list that they should understand, and  when not, leave you aleone?
I do not leave, but I shake my head.  And I wonder why people let those things happen

.
I might have not too much self confidence, in general. But when I should read such written in public, from the people who are the most close to me, I should be hurted and feel like being treated like a kind of trash. And believe me, you don't want to have me against you at that moment!
No one deserves that kind of words, that kind of treatment, I think, not even for fun.

Ah, most likely I am too moody today again. Sentimental weakness?  Maybe, yes. But I write it down, anyway.  In public, yes, everyone can read it.  Shame on me :-)

It is dry outside. Time to test my new lense.  The joghurt can! :) LOL 



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen