Translate

Samstag, 31. Dezember 2016

bye bye 2016

There we are, at the last day of 2016, and, I think it is the same procedure as every year.
(waves to Miss Sophie)
At TV a nice concert is playing (Jo Bonamassa),  the radio is on the Top2000,  the house is still in christmas light and today I will bake the traditonal oliebollen (oil dumplings).

The social media are bombarding us with well meant messages,  such like, it's been a year, and I wish you ..... for the next one.
Facebook even decided to put all the Happy new year words in a different colour, and even firework included...
 For me that is not 'cool', but a constant memory at how much control there is at our words. A filter at words is easily made, and this shows why it is no surprise when I type in things like 'a photo tripod', that I get weeks long commercial information about them. Unasked, but ... as service'.
Big brother is watching us and people who still wonder about how much 'eyes'  see what we write, they should know by now how it works.  This way countries are able to limit the messages that they do not want to see.  The fact that words relating to hate and nazism are still allowed, proves simply that 'the money behind'  is not really intrested in choosing against it.

Oh well, this blog was supposed to be about the past year. It has been a year!  :-D
A lot of things happened that we should forget quickly.  The sooner we forget it, the more we forget the dark moments, the more place there is for the good things that happened. Can you make a list of good things, say, one for each month? Sounds like a challenge to me, not too easy, but I think I can. I won't do it in this blog, by the way.

When you  have difficulties with it, you  can as well ask your friends, if they remember good moments.  I think we all can find 12 of them, if we want.
The keyword 'if we want'.
If we want, we can stress ourselves, with what to wear, what to buy, in trying to educate people, in feeling annoyed about the bad things,  or.... being amazed about the tiny crisps in the chocolate.  A frosty day that shows a wonderful sunset.  A smile from a stranger.  It is our choice.
When people tell me that 'next year has a bad omen', and come with arguements about it...  Then I can get with that, or I can say, hello, let me think by myself.

2017 has a lot to bring. A few things we do know, but a lot of things are unsure, we just have to wait and let them happen. We can't  control most of them (lucky enough), but we can choose how to cope them. Face them with a smile,  Be open for new.  Or be afraid and scared for the things that are not here yet.
I go to the new year with faith. I am ready to face the challenges.  No one tells it will be easy. But in the end, it will be worth it, as much as 2016.  Have a wonderful new year, you all! 



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen