Translate

Donnerstag, 1. Juli 2010

Life is getting old ;)

The dutch translation you find at my 'hyves' page

--> klik hier voor de nederlandse versie op hyves <--

Getting old?

Sometimes I wonder, I'm getting old.
And that comes at very different times.
Like yesterday. I talked again with someone with whom I can keep silence for longer times, and then suddenly we talk again, and we always enjoy and continue as if there were no breaks.
A good band (naturally as well trhough the music), and we understand each other well, which is always nice.

Our conversation came about, what else, music, and how different it has become through the years.
Well .. when was I thinking .. yes, I'm getting old. I do hope so! :)

I- Yes dude, it's all so different now as ever!

You-Yes, we are old

I-I hope so, yes:) we will have more memories huh. And you're a lot younger than me.
I remember crawling in my sleeping bag before the tourist office to book tickets for the concert of queen.

You-yes, I did that as well, but I was not alone, I was too young.

we - Well, we are getting old huh?
hopefully.

Now, that was a good example, and so true. It had something special, with several others spending the night, listening to music,
to hear stories, tips on where to get the 'bootleg' could get and so on.
Today you go to a concert if you click fast enough on the Internet. And it takes a bucket of money.
And when you're at the concert ...
Buy your undrinkable beer for incredible prices, and nobody complains.

And we did stuck to the radio, back when we knew that there was almost a new album of our favorites was relaeased.
Our favorite program, 'de avondspits' and "joost mag niet eten ', where the chance of a new' never heard ' song was the greatest.

And then quickly send a letter to .. fans anywhere, the "Penpal", found from the fanclub magazine.
Email? ha, only few knew of the existence of Computers in 1975 and certainly not then what you can. Is that hard to imagine nowadays..
And then after two weeks came the reply, jaaa, great song (or not), you'll read this or that .. wonderful. And then looking forward at the album, again on the pavement, hours before the record shop opened its doors, and then quickly putting on the record
again and again the ritual, writing, waiting for reply, sharing memories in weeks instead of in seconds.
Everything was so relaxed and calm those days;)

I said it this week again. I am not that sure that I so much enjoyed the concerts I attended if I all the time should be busy with my (phone) camera in the air would be
everything to record and / or capture. A sneak picture, yes, ok, that was it, but most of all we were there to enjoy the show and the artists, singing along.
And of course, as you also said, the tours were 'then' the supports of the records .. yes, vinyl, of course, with splashes and scratches included.
Now it seems the other way, and when you see how many people stand ready to visit the concerts, it seems that it is free .. On the contrary so.

In those days, we went to the concerts for the music. Now it is standing for hours in line ready backstage to catch a glimpse from the artists' car.
Whether traveling for hours to sign an artist to steal and 300 pictures of "the man of action '. With thousands of others simultaneously.

Once we went to a concert and a lot of luck you befor or after the show you were able to get a collectable, you could be creative and get a signature.
And definitely did the artist or group a little more than just smile.
Anyone can write and sign a book? Is it so special for signing a 'score' of someone not even bother to say
hello to you, because he quickly proceed with its sales promotion of one hour, after which he quickly has leave to .. next promo?

Artists are an anonymous number of fans are anonymous numbers too. The distance between the fans and the artists leaves no space for privacy anymore.
To compensate, the fans idolize criticless (how do you spell that uuuh), children fall for men who could be their grandparent, and everything is recorded and
as soon as possible put on the internet. Preferably with its own 'copy right' sign on it, so that everyone can see that "you" was there.
One of the lucky few.
many of the lucky anonymous.

Of course I am happy when one enjoy such, and of course it is nice if you're a famous person up close can see, touch and even a grab a signature...
But it's so .. different .. as before.
Do you have the "remnants" of a timeless group continue to pursue and worship?
What is a signature of, say, Brian May, worth? How many thousands, he gives out in a year?
Or is there no difference whether you get a comment from a book or musical or promotion, or the knowledge that the artist has grown did a wonderful performance and, as a lick of the cream, you get a smile or siggie ..
Okay, that is not possibble anymore, sadly. But how much brilliance as a trophy really?

I think back at my record sleeve with 4 signatures. Probably put in sweat drops on the head.
No, I did not see the 'band' signing. But still I cherish it as something precious in my heart.
And I think back with nostalgia to the dinner with .. the star .. The meetings, at home, with other special man.
it did not even ask me for autographs.
And so it is good.
The sleeve with the four signatures has been destroyed. That makes me very sad still. But the memory of .. earlier .. is simply worth more than anything else in the world.

And it's so nice to have some pleasure to be able to talk with others who think similar.

No, no fake for me. The original, the records and dvds, fine. And what has past is past. But the memory never dies.

We get older huh?
And we will have many memories more to complete some collections.
Countless are the memories to the great ones, which we have enjoyed
Stuck in the book of time
Photographed in memory
Now a little faded
But quite real

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen