Translate

Montag, 24. Mai 2021

Photos, Photos, Photos

No one is  surprised, when I tell that I love photography, I guess?

And no one is suprised, that I spent a lot of time at Facebook,  right?

The combination of Facebook and Photos is pretty good. We all can talk about privacy and the suprvision of the FB bots, but in the end we are able to share a lot in this way.  
For the ease I skip the other Social Media, I do not use them too often, my main 'stream' is indeed at Facebook.

Facebook has a wonderful extra, and that are groups.  There are groups for every city, every profession, and for photographers as well.  
I have a few favorites,  my Dutch one is Woordfoto van de dag, my German ist die Welt der Fotografie
Next to that I have a few more groups I like, also local groups, I not need to miss the talk of the town, and if there is a helicopter in the city, I can find out where :) :) 

As photograper I wanted to find places to share my photos, learn from other photos, and learn new things to improve my own photography. Groups are perfect, and local groups even lead to the possibility to meet people and go for  foto walks and other activities.  Not yet allwoed, here n Germany, and a thing I miss, to be limited in the locations where I go.
So, the success of groups makes people creating their own groups,  and then we get  things like a photogroup for Cologne, a few for Düsseldorf,  a few for night photography, and the groups with a mission,  such as 'All hobby Photographers unite' and  'all photographers of ... (city name, region, and even ountry).  Oh, and naturally there are groups for people who have the same camera equipment,  first of the brand (canon), then of the seriial name..  (D90).  And of couse, separated in countries.

Past week, a new group is founded, here in our city, to collect all the photographers of our city.  They recruit in other local groups, where photographers already post.
I am a bit in those local groups, and I see everywhere the same people showing their photos. Sometimes I hardly recognize the item at the photo, because it is edited with lightroom or photosho, or others (for what are groups as well..).

I so often find the same photos at many platforms posted, and the ore I see that, the less I feel like showing mine. Too much is not good as well, I think.  I prefer to show a few of my photos, at a few places,  so that they get the attention they deserve. It  makes no fun for me, to only count the hits and likes...

I want to let my photos tell the story. And when you see them, I like it, when they keep your attention for a few  seconds, so that you can imagine, what  I meant, what I felt... or maybe you dislike it, and that's okay as well. Just that you not need to be afraid, to skip to another group to see that monster photo again :) :) 
I make plenty of photos, and I lwant as many people as possible to enjoy them. But I not want to overload the (social) media with 100 times the same photo. 
Consequenlty you see less photos from me then from many others. But the chance is real, that you see dffferent photos from me, in different groups, at different platforms.  Just because I can. And because I love it, when I discover other photos from others, that are not often shown.  That makes them more intresting.

That's my ranting for today.  And now I go to clean up my groups. I wanted to go to make some photos, but I waited so long, that it starts raining again.  :) 

 



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen