Translate

Samstag, 1. Mai 2021

Compliments

Don't we all like compliments?  

I do, anyway, but it was not always so.  A long time I did wave compliments away, making myself little about my achievements. Long ago  a friend said to me, you are not selling yourself.  And now, 30 years  later, I understand what he means.

Today it happened again, that I got compliments, about my photos, and about nice talks.
I really did enjoy it, and guess what, the other was not finding me arrogant or so, he, she, just meant it, and was happy with it.
It made me happy in the soul, and it encourages me, to go on with what I do.

When is the last time that you got a compliment?

Similar, and for me more easy, it is, was, to give compliments. Long time I found it not okay, to give compliments, to get credits from others.  Until the moment, that I decided that I can give compliments, when I really like things. Why not?  If I see a wonderful painting, if I like something, why should I not say it?  Why shoud I not take a candy, when it is offered in good will?
It makes me happy, if I can make a compliment, and see that the other appreciates it.

When is the las time that you have given a compliment?

I wish, that you can answer both questions, with that you do it today. Honestly sharing good moods, brings your heart and soul in good mood as well.  
You don't believe me?

Give it a try
Do it today. Tomorrow is good, too. Both is even better.

The photo is taken on Tuesday.  The last time I went out photographing. Today was a beautiful (bank holiday) day, but I had other things to do. Sharing compliments can happen in all kind of situations.


S

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen