Translate

Donnerstag, 11. Mai 2017

Warning Virus, and that kind of jazz

Recently my messengers are flooded (again) by warnings from people who tell about persons that spread viruses. Don't add XXX(name), he will set a virus at your computer or telephone and everythng will be deleted.
And then, the most essential part of the chain leteer... PLEASE SHARE with everyone in your list.

Next to the official notes, said about hoaxes (google it), I use my common sense to treat this.  I ignore it and consider such messages as junk, unwanted chain letters, hoaxes.

Why should I add people that I do not know in my messenger or whatsapp?   Why should I add unknown people like Mr XXX  to my lists, share my telephone number with him?
How can someone just 'walk into my phone or computer'  and destroy things?  He needs to send me something first, a program, hidden in a video or picture,  that needs to be installed at my device, before it can get doing some damage.
Do I ever download things from strangers, just because? Thereby, the modern devices have plenty of protection, you will be warned first before things get installed.


Do I think that my friends are less smart then me? Do I need to warn them, for something that (first of all) will never happen?
Who is this Mr XXX actually?  Is it a real person, or a fake?  Or is someone using a name to blacklist someone else?

Just type in the name, or the phone number in your search engine.  See what it tells. The chance is big that you will see many messages about Hoaxes.  Do that, before you spread the Hoax. It will safe a lot of data transfer, and a lot of irritations as well.

Stop the chains.  Don't say that it is better to warn then to become victim, becuse you do not warn for anything at all. You only risk that people get immume, and ignore serious warnings in the end as well.
Don't be responsible for that. Stop spreading Hoaxes and chain letters!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen