Translate

Montag, 16. März 2015

Free to speak?

Let's talk about freedom of speech, rules and such.

A theme what comes up into my life very often, and most definitely as well in the internet world (what is a horrible word, because the internet is a part of the normal world, just like our television or fridge).

I am someone who loves feedom of speech, but I am at the same point the person that many people blame, for restricting their freedom of speech in groups.
I am guilty!  Yes, I do moderate now and then, yes, I sometimes make mistakes with it, yes, you are right to complain.

A person like me, who loves to walk at both sides of the borderline, who feels extreme pissed off when someone retricts my freedom of speech, and still I do let others shut up.

I am not going to excuse myself for doing so. I am also not telling that i should do it less, nor that I shall step less over the borders, and violate rules.  '
Rules need to be tested. When I enter a markation, where stands do not enter, and I do, I take the fully consequences for stepping over the line.
When others tell things that I disagree with, I do not hesitate to give a word back. Sometimes it is hard, other moments I play the game with the other.  All with the same purpose, getting the other thinnking about why and how to behave.

I am an Administrator in several (chat) groups and there this 'freedom'  is a contineous discussion. I use the right to speak up, and sometimes it is not allowed, then I am put back at my place.
Especially people who have a (right) extremistic attitude (pegida, nazi, racists) do not like when I ask why, and they prefer to ban me, to shut me up completely, rather then taking the chance to convince me from their ideas. That way I never will be able to understand them from dialogues, and is my knowledge of the sick ideas of the brown shirts coming from what I read in the papoers, own experiences and what others tell me.

To a bit less deep matter it comes in (queen) fora, where I am an Admin in a few as well
For who knows the world I don't have to tell about the difference between, for example, a group where never is moderation, like Queenzone, or a group where is one moderation rule (respect)  like in In The Lap Of The Gods.

Both are my favorite Queen groups, Queenzone as long as I am at the internet, almost 20 years, and In The Lap Of The Gods from its birth, 1,5 years ago.
How amazing is the difference between the moderation and the non moderation!
In In the Lap Of ... there is no place for bullying, no matter if it goes to persons or if it goes to  other artists.
In Queenzone we see a lot of bashing and crashing between different persons, and it often gets very personal.
Both has their attraction. I love the peace in In The Lap-. , and I sometimes need the uproars what comes in Queenzone.

What I don't need, however, is persons that contineously put oil on the fire.
I go to name names now :)

When you know that you are in a Queen group, and that the role of Adam Lambert in Queen is questionalbele, then it is not cool to constantly post a link to  your group what is about A.L..
You know you get discussions about it, it seems so innocent, just a linnk, but if you see that link 10 times in a week (or more), and you also see how it hurts others to be confrontated constantly with this, then it is not funny anymore.

Well, I hear you say, then block that person and the messages are gone. True!  But curiosity killst the cat, in this case. Some people just have too much time and feed the trollis with their reaction. Screaming loud that they don't want to, but in the mean time giving the trolls the chance to continue.  Do notice that their threads are very limited and often repeating theirselves.
Those Trolls know exactly what they are doing, there is a pattern in it and they can become a true treathening for the groups.

That is why I am glad that at least one of those Trolls is stopped, in Queenzone, the place of all places, where NEVER is moderation.
The freedom of speech shall NEVER be mis used for questionable purposes as destroying (groups or people).

Queenzone rocks!  Queen rocks more :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen