Translate

Freitag, 19. Juli 2013

Who fools who

It is about books this time, and more particular, about this book
The cuckoo's calling, the debute album from Robert Gailbraith.

Unknown name, you say, yes, true.  But you know there is something with that book, it sounds so familiar.  Indeed it is.
The book is released a month or two ago, gently floating between the other books, until  recently, when it was revealed that this is a book from JK Rowling, thie inventor of broomsticks and dumbledore, and a guy, harry snotter or so. :)

All the sudden the book became a hype and talk of the town. A new Rowling, also, a MUST have.
I dont know what to think about it.  First of all, I dont know the book -yet- and secondly, is it all coincidence, how comes that such secrets all the sudden leak out and give the book sellings an immense boost (we talk about a lot of money in this). Smart advertising? Or was there someone disrespecting Rowlings'  privacy and just found it necessary to tell the secret?

It is said that she, Rowling, wanted to write in the anonymity, what is understandable, because all she is doing is related to the Harry Potter books, and even when that was a huge success, literarily it is not a highlight, it is just a nice fairy tale story. (with many unended chapters).

I just dont know!  And you can say, why should I care,  I even can ask myself do I care?  It is just that again I feel fooled and not taken seriously with the commercial business.  I realy enjoy her having her success, but this way I, as reader, have the feeling that I am not taken seriously with this early revelation.  '
Maybe I go to read it. But first I want to finish the books that I did love so much in my yuoth. De kamelion. About two brothers and their adventures with a ship.  I now it is not high literature, but maybe, in the meenwhile, the rowling fairy tale rolls into my epub collection. You never know who fools who :)



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen