Translate

Montag, 22. Juli 2013

News of the world

Let's talk about news, and what it is worth

Well, what it is worth for you and me, more or less common people.

Weeks ago the 'hot news'  was that Nelson Mandela was again in the hospital. And I am sure that we were all close before an immense  media flush, magazins and and and, you name it,t.  When famous people pass away there is always a lot of money to earn with.
Well, Mr Mandela did decide different, he is stil with us, so the industry has to wait.

No worries, they have otehr ways to get our attention.  A british tennis player that wins at wimbledon, for example.
Or the heat, that finally did come, and that at a moment that the public holidays are at their top.

Social networks like twitter and facebook are bombed with pictures of people, telling where they are, what they do and how warm it is.  The newspaper top with bathing people that I dont know, somewhwere in the sun.
And today we got an extra news item, because one of the royal family in the UK was brought to the hospital. No, no coma, that privilege is for the dutch (and hardly making money, but they are waiting for it, the stories are ready, believe me).  No, it is that Kate, who gets a baby.  As from this morning, 8 am, we here every 30 minutes that she is in the hospital and that the entire world is waiting for the royal vagina to open.
Now, what a news that is!  I already foresee the nightmare at Facebook, the pictures of the new born princess, the poor child, what will not have a chance to grow up normal, even when their parents want it. The press, we (we buy the stuff, so we encourage them to do so) will not leave them alone.

That's news in the summer of 2013.  Well, I can add my news, I did  find my favorite summer shirt back, maybe I should post that under all the 'no news'  postings that are coming up. :)

O,yes, and it is hot, dont forget that!



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen