Translate

Freitag, 27. Mai 2016

Photographic therapy

I don't know what exactly I was thinking when I got my DSLR  Camera, short before christmas 2014, but I was happy with it as a child!

I loved to make pictures, did already make many before but now I could use the techniques of the masters, depth, light and more. 
It took me a long time to get to know my camera, and now, 2 years later, I think that I know most of the possibilities of it.

Photographing is in many views cool.  First, of course, to fix the moments, the beauty that is around us. Not only in nature, but as well at the street, in people, everywhere you are. Who can see it, can photograph it. I look different to many things now. How often I stand still, turn a few steps back and then, go at my knees and make a picture. I cannot count the moments I laid in the grass, stepped on a fence, just to get the image that i wanted.

As much as photographing is a solo happening, it definitely makes fun as well to photograph with other photographers. I luckily found a group here in our town, and in the meantime I now have a nice group of people with who I can go for a photo walk.  It is intresting to see how others take pictures. It is inspirng to make mine a tad different from those of others. They have another camera, other possibilities and another view on things. With exchanging the results we learn from eachother and we have the fun, afterward, in commenting our stories that come with the pictures.






Being with other photographers means as well that you might end to be the motive of another photographer.  When I lay again at the street, it is clear that there is someone who sees it and photographs it. I should do the same :)

Before I was in the photo group, I did not like pictures taken from me. I still think not too high of myself, but during the time I got used to be pictured. I do not hide away anymore. That is useless, when there are photographers around, they simply wait for the moment to get their 'shot' :)

So, next to the relaxation, the pictures, the friendships, photography brought me self esteem as well.  Here are a few pictures of me here.  For only one time, but as a prove of that it is okay to be photographed.
Just as that it is great to look into the mirror and say, hey, you are a wonderful person, to the one you see in the mirror.  It helps and it makes you see yourself as how others see you. And often they think way better of us as that we think of ourselves :)

This is me!  -proud-













Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen