Translate

Donnerstag, 17. Oktober 2013

Retire?

It is about 5 years ago that I did discover FaceBook.  Friends of me were on it already, but I told them I dont like all those picture shares. How wrong was I -smile-

The hype was not on yet. 

Other things were there like msn communities, multiply and in the netherlands hyves.

I started with my (queen) friends and soon I did get infected with games. The highlight wa MafiaWars, what I did play with a lot of enthusiasm, until some months ago, on what I did quit from one day to another.  It was a very good step, because the game was so much time consuming, and all the jazz around it even more! 
Some days I do miss the fights, the chats, but the game itselves, I didnt miss it for a day.

So, you should think that quittting the game, and with it about 2000 'friends' (play mates migt be a more correct word) should give me time. Well, it did give me time indeed.  

But the bad seed was planted and I catch myself that I am taking too much time to be with Facebook.  I check 'statusses' from people, react on people I hardly know and I keep myself busy with trying to get my part of attention, or, more positively written, showing my unique and exciting life. I seem to need to prove it to the world, but I am not the only one.
It is time consuming, and since time waits for nobody I permanently am in a lack of time for doing what I realy need to do.


I need to retire.

I need to fight me back into real life.


It can not be so that all is less important then checking Facebook messages of people that I hardly know.
Fixing the phone? Na, first a funny comment at the picture that mr d did post. Oh it wasnt mr d, it was lady A. Never mind.
Hmm, another funny picture.  I shall copy it, like it, and hoping for many "likes"
Oh, look  at the time, Iit is too late now to go shopping!
And at the end of the day, Looking back to what is done.....
I only can conclude that I did miss the chances to improve life.
No message sent to that friend, phone not fixed.
But half the world might know about the funny quote I did find.


Now tell me, hans, who is fooling who?

No one is realy intrested and the ones that might be? I had no time for them.
Time to retire.  I am not worried about loosing friends. My friends live out of the digital world. Time to meet them there.
And I dont need to fear that I loose the good things.  I still shall write.  And the entire world can read it at Poetry in E-motion
My mailbox is still open for in and outgoing messages

I shall not dramatically announce my retirement.  Many shall not even notice it. I just will publish less messages. I hope. Hey, it is  a try, maybe I can say next year that I did fail, but maybe it is jutst like quitting smoking, talking about it  is no help, doing it is the thing!
Oh, btw, I am stucked two days already in level 123 of candycrush.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen