Translate

Montag, 21. August 2017

To smoke or not to smoke

That could be the question.

For some people it is not a question, they need to smoke, so they will smoke, no matter what.  Now I do not want to preach about health or so, because that's wide enough known, everyone knows that.

I was editing a photo, today, and I found on it a stump (not sure if it is a proper english word, anyway a leftover) of a cigarette (filter) on it.
It reminded me to what I often see, at popular public places, the harbour, the park, where the number of the 'cigarette leftovers'  is remarkable.

In a spontaneous mood (typical me!)  I wrote below the photo, that I like a smoke free area in the park.  The reactions were various.
One notarious smoker disagreed.  Another one started to point to the doggies'  leftovers that are to be found as wll.  A third person talked about being respectful, and taking the dirt back with you.

And that is exactly my point.  It is wonderful that there are parks and public places, especially for people who love to be in the open air and not have too much of it at home.  I think everyone enjoys being in the nature, but how enjoyable it is to find everywhere evidences of smoking?   It can't be healthy for the animals as well, I think?

But, the human race is strange, very strange.  When people leave their half filled coffee cup at a seat (!!)  in the train, I wonder what is wrong with them.  And the solution is so easy!  Waste bins are many, and everywhere. Yes, you incidentically have to carry your (YOUR!!) dirt a bit longer, to find such, but hey, when we were young it was normal that we had a bag with us and put our empty things in it, to throw it away at home. What's the problem with that, you can carry it one way, so why not the other as well?

I think it all has to do with respect. When you think about what you are doing, and how your action may effect others, you are already on the way to solve the problem.  When you do not want to see your own dirt, you can count on it that others do not want to see it either.  Clean it!  Take it away from where it not belongs!

Emd of ranting. I think that I am slowly becoming one of the rare people that cares for nature and environment.

Tell me I am wrong (and better, prove it!)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen