Translate

Samstag, 20. April 2013

Unforgettable moments in history - 20 years ago

Time flies...

It was in the newspaper here. 20 years ago, today, was the first (and only) time that the remaiing members of Queen did perform. And what a performance that was, the Freddie Mercury Memorial concert.

I can remember sitting for the television and not even taking the time for a little break. What an artists, and what a show. It was an unique tribute to (for me) the greatest performer ever, our dear Freddie, who I still miss, every day.

And who still is with me, every day. There passes no day or his music is played at the radio. And, when I am in the mall, or even on holidays, then he suddenly pops out of the speakers, and I cant help myself, I have to sing with him. It always makes me happy, this music has been with me at every important moment of my life,

One of the highlights of this Memorial undoubtedly was the performance of Metallica. Then a ton louder and better as today. But hey, should I, of all people, say so?:)

I did watch the entire video today again. With so many highlighs, the tribute of In Extreme. And in fact I think there was only one disaster, the performance of  Elton John. But hey again, who am I to say something about that.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen