Translate

Mittwoch, 19. April 2017

How social are you?

Because I am addicted, I now and then need to talk about the social media, and for all our big evil Facebook (what has not much  with a book to do, at all).

Regurarily I read complaintts, where people question why others have to express their private life so much at FB. And sometimes I moan as well.

Is it really needed to tell every day, in public, that you love someone so much? 

Is it really necessary to tell what you are eating?
Do I really need to know that you could not sleep?  (ha. .. me guilty!)

A social media easily runs into an un-social media, when we forget what it all is about.  Just realize, again, what you really want to share and what not.
I do care for you, else you were not at my friends list, but do I need to know that your child failed in potty training (apart from the fact that he will read it in 10 year and comes with questions to his parents, why the .... such needed to be posted, with pictures and all?)


We all can fill in examples, where we read too much information about the private life of others. Maybe, before we complain about them, we could take a look at ourselves, and ask why we post things. And for all, if it really is something that others want to know, to read, to see.

Sometimes we spread too much information, even without realizing it.  Thinking, before you write or post, might help.

Here a nice example.  I took this photo, because the name of the pub, colours and more.  Then, I saw that it as well revealed a city name, so that you can figure out where I was at that moment.  Do I really want others to know that all?






Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen