Translate

Dienstag, 4. März 2014

Picture this!

No one might read this, but maybe that is even better.

In the end I dont want to be the person that tells others what to do and what not,  in the end this blog is just a range of personal thoughts.


Today I want to write a bit about pictures in social media.
As FaceBook addicted I see many peolple posting their picutures there. So do I, I have the luck that I don't stick too well on pictures, so that there are not many that include me or my private life here.
Other people however stick pretty well and show all they have at the net. I talk about FaceBook, but I know that it counts for the other 'social platforms'  as well. People  are proud at their life, and they like to show it to their friends.

Dont deny it. We all love to see other people in their private lives!  We love to take a peek in their garden, when they re decorate, their animals or their new bedroom. And because we love to see that from others we think that others love to see all of it of us as well.

Somehow I find it a bit strange that we all get so enthusiastic about exposing ourselves. I mean, do I realy need to see a belly of you, while you are doing homework?
do I realy need to see what you do have for dinner tonight?
do I realy need to see the accident that happens in your street?
do I realy want to see another picture of your granddaughter while being in a diaper change?

And it can be worse than that.  We all have cameras with us, almost day and night, also what ever happens around us, might be intresting to share.
When you are lucky you see an accident, and when you have even more luck, you might be able to picture the victims. Yes!  Share it at the internet, your friends will think you are cool.
And even better, if your best friend get drunk and is doing crazy things, share it before (s)he is sober! Let all class mates or colleagues see it, and show what a great pictures you made. You will definitely score an extra Kuddo or Like  and you will find some new friends following you.

Umm, hello?  Do you realize what you do with 'following the leader'?  Forgetting to think for yourself, and then saying, it was not me, but (s)he, who did it, will not safe you. Following means that you AGREE with what 'the leader' is saying. When you call yourself friends with someone, with some idea, you  are carrying the same responsibiliity as the one who originally shows the story.


Oh, you say it is just for fun?  You just laugh about that discriminating picture about a distracted person?  You just find it hilarious to see those gay people walking hand in hand?  Dont fool yourself with laughing about it.  Realize what you should feel if it should happen to you.

Nowadays the hot item is how easy (secret) agencies gain our information, what includes pictures. And of course in 97 % of all the cases no one should care. But as well among the 'data safers'  as among your 'friends' or friends of friends, there is that 3 % of people that not just enjoy it and are ready for next image. They want to do things with it.

And don't think it will not happen to you. I have been threathened as well (robbie geentjes), that he should publish some pictures and some chats, that I dont want to see in public.  Well, when it comes to myself I think that I do not mind about it. Sure not in this case, because this person is just a bighmouth and not able to do anything at all. But there are people, and you should be surprised how close they are to you.

So, please continue with sharing your happy and less happy moments on line. There is an audience for it and with a bit of luck you get more then 10 likes, kuddo's or so for your postings.
Keep on sharing with the world that you cannot sleep, that your neighbours are so loud with making sex, and keep on posting on your friends places how much you do love their cooking or their new underwear.
Sooner or later there will be a person standing up who tells you where it is all about. And you should not be too sure that the things that you did put on line will not be used against you, one way or another, by your friends, or by 'big brothers like apple, google, microsoft, yahoo, NSA and the neighbour from the other side of the street.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen