Translate

Montag, 4. November 2013

No respect

Somehow, some places are dangerous for me.

Ages ago I was already able to speak out my mind, and especially at places like 'queen chats' those freedom was not always accepted. Maybe that I am too harsh with my words, but most likely not, because with almost all of the people that did ban me, that did delete me, I have now an average queen friendship relation. And that is how it should be, friends will be friends, this world is already filled enough with bad things, and Queen was there to entertain us and not to rub us in.

Now again it seems that my opinion is questioned, it is not resulting in a ban, but in a situation that some people absolutely dont want to understand my point of view.
So, I dump the thread (it was not even a discussion) here, at the corner of the digital universe that I like so much.

This weekend we did watch the DoRo documentary 40 years of Queen. An (almost) 4 hours long sesssion with the usual talks, chats and all that we know. This time the 'torpedo twins' did do a nice job in giving the well known material a bit another look. We saw some new words from brian and roger, and we saw some words from Peter Hince and Peter Freestone, who are good story tellers. Even when I doubt strongly about the 'color' of their stories, but that is what is happening, after so many years, your own ideas get mixed up with the reality. I could make a point of that, but that was more in my earlier years, not now anymore, I found it amusing and entertaining, the more while what was told was not overdone too much and gave as well some nice new looks at the queen scene.'


 So, I do hope that this documentary will be released somehow, it is worth to look. Now back to where it all went wrong :)
The documentary ended (as usual) with the last things that Queen, Freddie, did do. The well known fact is that Freddie never wanted us (the fans) to see his drama, his illness and so more. As Roger told again, at the moment that Freddie did inform them about his illness, Freddie said, I dont want to talk about it, and he went on, until his very last breath, in bringing the music. We all know it and it is an immense impact, at the band members and at himself as well, that he did do this.

The documentary did show at the end some of the 'making of' Days of our lifes, the last clip ever. With making it the band knew that it was the very very last and the snap, with what Freddie looks into the camera, I still love you, is always the very last thing that we saw from him. I am convinced that that is the way he wanted it, so I was surprised, in an unpleasant way, to see now the few seconds after that this shot was taken, on what our beloved Freddie is walking away, limping. Shit, when writing it the tears come up again..

So.. the dramatic effect is clear! But the longer I think about it, the more I get upset for another reason and that is why, after all those years, the people who were so close to the band, did put in this in the documentary. They all KNOW that freddie never wanted us to see this, and I think, in fact, that we dont need to see it too. Remember the uproar about the too much information that came from Jim Hutton. And now the leftovers from the Queen scene do the same.

Now there are all kind of collectors, and one of them did cut off some parts and made a video about the making of days of our life, with the dramatic end, as described above, on it. I could NOT hold in and had to write my hard words that I dislike this very much, that I am sick of this kind of disrespect. Of course that was not valued, the reason why is now to prove the world that Freddie realy did go until the end. F. Ck it!!! No one needs such truth, but, more important and my point, HE didnt want us to see this. And when some people now say, hey, it is filmed, so he knew about it and he did not delete the film, I think that you are telling yourself a lie. Consider why you want to see this. It is a signal of the time, yes, people nowadays love to publish 'drama', at accidents it is first making a picture, putting it on twitter, and then eventually help. In that point of view, the unseen moves are fitting perfectly. But it makes me immense sad, that the moral of so many people is changing. We want to see it all, and we dont care about the person itself, even when we say it is our idol, the person still love.








Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen