Translate

Samstag, 9. November 2013

Roger Taylor - Fon on Earth

Note:  I am very bad in years, I have absolutely no pretention to be accurate in the years that I mention hear. 
I am siimply too lazy to search the accurae years and I dont mind too much. For me the story is more important, you can find correct details anywhere at the internet. :)

Here my first impression about the new CD of Roger Taylor, with the name Fun on Earth.

After 15 years of relative silence we finally got a new CD from Roger Taylor, the man who is more than 'a drummer in a rock and roll band'
Part of his solo fame is undoubtedly caused by the fact that he was drummer and backing vocalist in the best group ever, Queen. But there are as well a few solo projects of him, and the albums with 'the cross' that prove that Roger is more than a drummer.

Roger Taylor, famous because of the deeper meaning of his lyrics did give us an intresting new album, with older stuff (Roger is the master of remixes), with the highlight the recording of Say it aint true, with guitar legend Jeff Beck,  and newer stuff, from what 'I am a singer in a rock and roll band'  proves his self-humor and that he still can rock some socks off.
Roger shows his age, the album has less power then his former, and the lyrics as well. I allow myself that critical note as a contra-weight for the absolute excitement that I have about this album. The album is very much a Roger album. Intelligent, harmony and beautiful to listen to. Sing along after having heard it 2 or 3 times.

The album is a must for all the people who are more then Queen fans. To name it a collectors item will give the album too many credits, because Roger still is able to combine beautiful lyrics with well composed music. If Roger is wise, he should close his solo projects now as well as his Queen projects, so that we dont have to see more de-generation of the music.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen