Translate

Montag, 9. Dezember 2019

Season greetings?

Long time I thought about this, and then I decided to post it here, and not at the Facebook platform.  Too many people there, who might be offended.  Here (hardly) anyone reaad, even when I put a link at Facebook (what I will do :-D ). 

Typical, and maybe that is exactly where it is about, even when I want to talk about greeting cards.

It is the most wonderful time of the year, all the sudden we feel the urge to greet each other, wish each other wonderful days and so more.
I remember the time, that we decorated the wall with post cards, from friends and family, what was, for me, always a very nice tradition.
Not sure how it is at your place, but here it definitely changed.   Many people send an email, or, today, a message over Messenger or Whatsapp.  So you can greet 100 people with one click!
But, is more really better?

I see people writing, that they do not send christmas cards this year,  and instead donate to a good purpose.
I love it, when people donate (merry christmas), and it is a good thing to do, for sure.  One click for the good purpose, one click for 100 friends...
Such messages make me wonder.  Do we understand what we are doing?
With christmas, especially then, a lot of people are emotional very open. Memories to  the youth, (good) times,  wishing peace, wishing light, who does not need that (even when you live downunder, lol).

So.... my dear friends...  Here is the idea...  Why not do both?  Send your friends a snail card, AND donate?
When you can not afford both, maybe you can find some space in the christmas pressies, it is not so that the most expensive thing are the most valueable. And select the friends that you really want to send a card, and, eventually, send the rest an e card?
And, for .... sake...  please do NOT rant at the social media, that you donate for a good purpose.  You not need a pat at the back, for spending money for something good.
Send that ....cking  card to your friends.  And take their smile as the biggest reward that you can get.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen