Translate

Samstag, 31. August 2013

Communication


Computer minded as I am, of course this picture did make me smile and I think most of the people wh oread this will smile and recognize it as well

First thing I did when we did check in our hotel was asking about the wifi.  Secondly was the room inspection, we must put priorities, dont we?

Jokes aside, this sign is realy a signal of the time. Our connection with the world wide web is rapidly becoming essental. We dont want to do without our facebook, or our games, where ever we go, where ever we are, we 'need'  to have access to our data, our friends, our books, our music.  
And we 'need' to tell the world how we are doing (I am doing excellent, by the way, just that you know it..), what we are having for dinner, where we are shopping at the moment and wht wehather it is right where we are. 
There was a time that we did without it, and now we cant be without it. And mind, that time that we could be without our digital connections is not so far behind us.Remember son, we did grow up with tv and there were only 3 channels on it.  The excitement of the first color tv. And computers, remember the atari, remember games like Leisure Larry Suit....  

I feel like talking old, when I look to pictures that are at the net, about parties that people are on and on what you see everyone texting or otherwise using their mobiles. One hand a drink, one hand a device.  O, yes, there are other people in the room as well, no problem, because you can text them as well or send them that cool pic that you made a few seconds ago when you were together at the toilets. Or even better, a clip at youtube about how sick he was after that you did feed him too much vodka ... Fun fun fun.

Good, I quit, you got the idea!  And I think I go to clean up a bit here in the house.  In between I will check Email, texts, and take care that I finally finish my level 33 in CandyCrush.  People did warn me, dont go to play it, you will regret it. And indeed.. I dont   :D

And when I ever find this sign at a place where I want to have a drink I shall consider what is more important, the company that's with me or the lack of technolocy.
No worries, the tablets have (E)books, we even can survive a few hours without 'the net'... maybe.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen