Translate

Montag, 8. Februar 2016

Finding my way (in photography)


Aren't you amazed (like me) about how much progression techonolocy makes? Not so long ago we were having the amazing capacatiy of a floppy disk, what now is not even large enough for a photo to save upon.
Flatscreen tv's are not enough, they should be curved, have 3D and are at least as big as the wall.

Two years ago I started my hobby, photography, and I do like it very much. It gives relaxation,and as a side effect there are so many categories in what you can make photography.
From photographing the galaxy until a spider leg, for everything is a lense. And, different as before, nowadays all that is packed in one camera as well.

People are exited about the light weight camera, that can make macros as well as telezoom pictures, wide angle and night, and so more. And sooner or later comes a point that I compare my pictures with those of them, and, apart from the amazing feeling of what all is possible, I start thinking about my own photography.
Do I really need to photograph the eyes of a spider, sitting there with a macro lense, backlight flashes and and and? The result can be amazing, yes! As well from wildlife, animals, birds, that are so much easier tocatch with a 600 mm tele lense as with a 250 mm.

At all of it is a price ticket, and as well a skill limit. I realize more and more that I like to 'sniff' at that kind of pictures, but that what I really love is nearer by.
I love to watch people in the street. I love to see faces, emotions, things that others walk by and that we see all day. Or don't see.

I thnk I will concentrate a bit more at street photography. I shall need to dare to simply take the pictures. A skill that is worth to develop and what is in reach. It will not make me a less good photographer, but rather a more specialized one.

So, Hans,go at the street, picture what you see.
Be unique. Be yourslef!
Take the challenge to see and show what others oversee. Leave the spies and insects to others, ok, sniff on it, when you like, but concentrate on where it is about for you. :-)  Open 'the eye'  again :-). PaP.. Poetry and Pictures.  :-) People and Paragrphs.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen