Translate

Mittwoch, 18. Juni 2014

Football... madness?

Yes, it is about football today, and even though the Dutch are playing, I write in English. Just because I can (and maybe the one reader of this blog doesnt kknow Dutch so weell  :D )

As living in Germany I am looking to the football madness in other countries from aside.
And as being Dutch I have a special eye on the dutch madness, that I know for many years, around those football tournaments.  The street and people do color orange and the entire country is in a state of emergency (code orange)


It is always worth to look, how innovative people are, and how crazy people become.

Now the tournament is almost a week old we slowly get a bit an idea about how the teams are playing and I must confess, so far the Dutch and the German team did convince the most. But it is a tournament, so a lot can happen.
Anyway,  the orange madness in the Netherlands is, due to the first victory, above everything, above real.

At the start of the first match people did moan and write about that the team should be home sooon.  Funny, only 45 minutes later the public opinion of the entire country did switch and now they are alreadyy the champions, with having played only one match :-)

Madness!  But very dutch, so I take it with a grin, we can have the people having their fun, right?

So, the 2nd match is coming, the entire nation thinks it will be a piece of cake,  and I /(as  living in another nation) shall NOT be surprised if there will be no victory tonight.. ,
The Netherlands in code alarm again and there are of course people that need to work.

Now I heard this conversation.  People are not getting free from work and therefore they do call themselves to be ill for a day.
Arrgh.. the IDEA only that people do consider such makes me furiious.  What a rotten mentality, what a bad attidutde, what a loosers those people are. They should be very much ashame of theirselves, they should be fired right away!
As if we didnt know long before today that there was a game tonight!   No, if I read or hear about this, I shall say exactly what I think about those stthinking a social people, they are not worth to be supporting a team, they are not worth to belong in ANY country.  Whoops, do I overdo a bit?  Maybe, but they did start, didnt they?  :-)


No, I am not yet at the end of my ranting!  
The next thing I want to talk about is all that funny pictures.  An (almost) crying ronaldo, with a funny line below it,  a shocked spanish team with something funny added to it, something in the natiional color, telling how good we are.  Okay... you think that is funn, maybe, but if you think about it a bit more, it is not funny anymore. It is discrimination, mobbing.   How funny it is ot laugh about Arjen Robben who wasnt able to tie his shoelace quick enough?  
Yes, laugh about it, but we know persons that do have problems with it, shall we make a laugh about you as well when something like this is happening?
I love street photography, so please come before the eye of my camera, and Ishall show the world how funny it is when you stumble over the steep in the street, loosing your groceries.  I should like you to feel how  funny that is.

Ah, I can continue my ranting.  People who need to drink a lot to get the 'us'  feeling.  Maybe I better go again to the pub to support the Germans when they play against those americans.  I can not predict the result of the match, but I can predict a few funny pictures coming up already.  :-)

So, that's it. I'm off to iron my orange shirt for today.  


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen