Translate

Freitag, 24. Januar 2014

the cigar box

English below the pictrure of the cigar boxDe kast opent het zicht
Op een doosje, het zit nog dicht
Het is al oud, vele jaren
Ooit bevatte het opa's sigaren

Ik hou het houten kistje vast
De koperen sluiting, die nog zo precies past
Een klik en het springt open
Een wereld van verleden komt naar buiten gekropen

Ongekleurd kijk ik vanuit het heden
Terug in mijn eigen verleden
Ik kijk in mijn  voorvaders ogen
Iets wat ik, na al die jaren, niet verloochen

Ik kijk naar de foto's in zwart wit
Ik weet een paar van de kleuren waarin het verleden verborgen zit
Een laatste blik op het onbekende gezicht
Voor nu gaat de doos weer dicht





When I open the cupboard and let the sun shine in
I discover the old cigarbox that is stored within
It is many years ago, no doubt
That my grandpa took the last cigar out

I keep the wooden case in my hand
The cupper lock looks like a new brand
One click, it opens itself
A world of the past smiles to myself 

Uncolored I look from the present time
Back into the history of mine
I look into my amcestor's eye
It is something that I shall never deny

I look through the pictures, all in black and white
I remember some colors, that are no longer bright
A last view to the man I do not know
I close my past, but I wont let it go

(c) 24.01.2014 Saturnnl for DreamsUnlimited
Publishing without permission is not allowed

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen