Translate

Freitag, 6. Dezember 2013

Nelson Mandela

Yesterday one of the most important people in modern history did pass away. Nelson Mandela became 95 years old, and he can look back at a very, very remarkable life.



I did read the news yestrday, at internet and, as could be expected, in a few minutes Twitter and Facebook were overloaded with messages like RIP my hero, and pictures with remarkable words/wisdoms that he did tell.

Google did make over-hours, I think, and of course I did join it.  I did look up one of the pictures that there is wit Nelson Mandela with Brian and Roger (of Queen), and did post that. I did change my profile picture and will let that there for a few days.
I think it is normal and legal that we remember Mandela, his life and what he did.
He did reach a lot, hence to apartheid, but there is still a long long way to go.  Discrimination is still everyhwere, for skin color, for feeling superiour, bullying in school (and at the internet) is more heavy then ever, in spite of all the measures taken.


Why is this all so?  I think that there is a simple reason, and that is the lack of respect for each other.
I saw that example this week in a thread, on line, about Freddie Mercury, one of my other heroes.
Here is a small excerpt of what did happen, you can judge yourself (click at the pic and it will enlarge)

Why are people so harsh to each other, and why do they judge othes for being different?  I realy can not understand it, why we cannot respect the way others live and how they do?
Maybe some people are scared from the unknown.  I mean.. I personally dont think it is scary to hug another, I dont think that people with other skin color, or with another language have less to tell then me.
It is proved that there is place in this world for everyone. We are all God's people,and only when we start to see the persons next to us as equal, when we are open to listen to them, we can udnerstand them better and see that they are as human as we. And maybe more.

Recently there was that discussion about the rainbow, the colors, and the fact that it is used as a symbol for gay people. Wonderful, and I cannot help it when some people love the rainbow, and at the same time have problems with gay people because (in their opinion) it is not God's will that  men love men..
Who are we to tell others how to live?
Who are we to hide behind words that arw written by people that might have complete  crazy ideas about respect and living in a world like ours?

Rest in peace, dear Nelson Mandela
Today many people say, that you are an example for them

I do hope that they will prove it in their lifes, more then they did until now



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen