Translate

Freitag, 7. Februar 2020

Sturmfrei .... wtf?

At the moment that I write this, the sun is shining, as if it is spring already, on a beautiful Friday, the next horror messages are coming out of the media. Radio and TV.
Everything is preparing for a stormy weekend, in what we expect, next to the normal rain, a storm, with possible windspeed as in a hurricane (140 Km p H)

So, appearantly it is pretty easy to forecast this, what makes our part of  the country preparing. In the schools will be closed on monday, 'sturmfrei', also free for storm. 
Yes...  Storm Free...To prevent our scholars for worse...

Well, call me old fashioned, but I do not understand such things very well.
I remember the time when we were young (yes, that is a while ago), that we had to go at our bicycles, or if not, by foot, walking, to school when the weather was bad. When there was snow, rain, and also when there was a storm coming up. 
I can not remember that there has been one day, that we did not have to go to school, no matter the weather.  Of course it is good that 'we'  can better foresee what all comes to us, so that we not need to bring ourselves in danger, but.....
When the situation is so serious, why are only scholars prevented?  Why do other groups of  people still have to risk rheir lifes, to go to their shops, to serve people, who appearantly better should stay home, just like the scholars and teachers?

It confuses me, it gives me headaches. Maybe I better stay home, and see if I can get out on Monday.  Oh no.. wait, then not. Oh, why not, I am not a scholar, so I can.   Help.... :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen